- 4 single chicken breasts, on the bone
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tspn Moroccan spice blend or ground cumin
- 2 tbls pinenuts
- 100g seedless green or red flame grapes, halved if large
- ½ cup white wine
- Cut a deep pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook chicken over a high heat until golden on both sides. Remove chicken from pan and allow to cool slightly whilst preparing the stuffing.
- Using the same frying pan, cook onion, garlic, Moroccan spices/cumin and pinenuts for 3 - 4 minutes or until onions and just begin to brown. Remove from heat and stir in grapes. Use this mixture to fill the chicken pockets.
- Secure chicken with toothpicks or string, transfer to a baking dish and pour over the wine. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve on a bed of rice, mashed potato or cous cous.
Looking for some great wine suggestions to go with this recipe? Click here >>