Pre-heat oven to 180ºC
- 3 lamb racks (with 6 cutlets per rack)
- 3 tbls orange zest
- 1 tbls lemon zest
- 2 dried chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbls olive oil
- Steamed cous cous, to serve
- For the fresh parsley and pistachio sauce
- 150g pistachios
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tbls orange blossom water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- small handful mint leaves, rough chopped
- 3 tblsp water
- ½ cup olive oil
- Trim lamb racks if necessary; combine zests, chillies, ground spices and olive oil. Press onto lamb to form a crust.
- Roast lamb for 15 minutes (medium to rare) or until cooked as desired. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing into double cutlets.
- For sauce, blend all ingredients until a chunky paste forms.
- Serve double cutlets on cous cous with a dollop of sauce.
Looking for some great wine suggestions to go with this recipe? Click here >>