Shellfish Crustaceans Recipes
Crab Tower with Mango Coulis & Chinese Garlic Stems
- 500gms crab meat, flaked
- 3 mangoes, finely diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 kiwi fruit
- 2 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Chinese garlic stems or garlic chives, finely chopped
- 1 pkt snow pea shoots
- Tear crab meat into bite-sized pieces, place in a bowl, add mayonnaise, garlic chives and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh. Slice avocados and add lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper. Puree two diced mangoes in a blender. Cut kiwi fruit in half and with a small fruit scoop make 12 small balls.
- Place a deep pastry ring, approximately 12cm in diameter, on a plate and place avocado slices in the ring, then the diced mango and press down slightly. Place the crab meat mixture in the ring, then add snow pea shoots. Carefully remove the ring, drizzle the mango coulis and place kiwi fruit balls on plate.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Looking for some great wine suggestions to go with this recipe? Click here >>