Shellfish Crustaceans Recipes
Grilled Seafood with Lemon Myrtle Butter
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 5 minutes
- 12 Moreton Bay bugs or 6 small yabbies, cleaned and halved
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon myrtle powder
- 200ml cream
- 100g butter, diced
- Olive oil
- Brush bugs or yabbies with olive oil and grill or barbecue until the flesh is opaque.
- For butter, bring white wine and lemon myrtle to the boil in a small saucepan and reduce until 3 tablespoons remain. Add cream, bring to the boil and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Whisk in cold butter, one piece at a time, until all incorporated and sauce is glossy.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper. Serve the grilled bugs with the lemon myrtle butter for dipping.
Suggested wine matches