Shellfish Crustaceans Recipes
Prosciutto wrapped prawns with a rocket aioli
- 16 large green king prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes or metal skewers
- 8–16 slices prosciutto
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup blanched and well drained rocket
- 125ml olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Thread prawn onto a skewer, starting from the tail. Roll each prawn in prosciutto and store on cling wrap covered plate in the refrigerator.
- Put the garlic, salt and egg yolks and rocket in a blender and pulse for 30 seconds, slowly pour in the oil.
- Place aioli in a small bowl and stir in the lemon juice.
- Cook the prawns on a medium hot flat plate, until the top of prawn is white. Serve with a bowl of the aioli for dipping
Suggested wine matches