- 1kg white fish, diced
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves. Crushed
- 4cm ginger, crushed
- 4 spring onions, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 tbls coriander, chopped
- 2 tbls mint, chopped
- 2 tbls garlic chives, chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 2 tbls peanut oil
For the Cucumber salad
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into thin ribbons
- ½ bunch mint
- ½ bunch coriander
For the Nuoc cham
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbls sugar
- 6 tbls fish sauce
- 6 tbls water
- ½ lime, juiced
- Process fish, eggs, garlic and ginger until a smooth paste forms.
- Fold through spring onions, coriander, and mint, garlic chives, chilli and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into finger shapes. Dust with flour and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pan fry fish fingers in hot peanut oil for 2 minutes on each side or until light golden.
- For cucumber salad, toss cucumber ribbons with herb leaves.
- For nouc cham, mix all ingredients together until sugar is dissolved.
- Serve fish fingers alongside cucumber salad with nuoc cham for dipping.
Looking for some great wine suggestions to go with this recipe? Click here >>