Spicy Cuisine Recipes
Fish curry, steamed rice and banana salsa
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Indian curry powder or Sri Lankan curry (as shown on p.76)
- 1 cup chicken or fish stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 600g firm white fish in large pieces (cod, ling or similar)
- 1–2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 cups steamed long grain rice – Jasmine or similar
- 2 cups diced banana
- Half cup diced red capsicum
- Half cup diced green capsicum
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large roughly chopped green chilli
- Mix together the banana, red and green capsicum, lemon juice and green chilli.
- Heat the oil and cook the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry and cook for a minute, then pour in stock and coconut milk – simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish – cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix cornflour with water.
- Stir into the fish and put back on the heat. Simmer to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve in large bowl with rice separate and the salsa on the side.
Suggested wine matches