- 2kg duck
- 1 orange, rind removed with vegetable peeler
- 5 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 tblsp soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp cooking wine
- 1 tsp five spice
- Steamed bok choy, to serve
- Wash the duck inside and out. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, plunge duck in for 30 seconds. Drain well and pat dry.
- Place orange rind, star anise and cinnamon sticks inside the duck and seal with skewers.
- In a saucepan over low heat dissolve the sugar in the combined soy sauce, water, honey, cooking wine and five spice powder. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Brush the duck with soy glaze and cook for 90 minutes, basting frequently.
- Slice duck and serve with steamed bok choy and rice.
Looking for some great wine suggestions to go with this recipe? Click here >>