- 2 tbls sesame oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 tbls water
- 2 tbls toasted ground rice (see below)
- 2 tsp Sambol Olek, chilli paste
- 2 tbls lime juice
- 2 tbls fish sauce
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Crisp lettuce cups
- Heat a wok or frying pan until very hot, add sesame oil and chicken mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon; pour in water and heat until cooked through. Add the chilli paste, lime juice, fish sauce and cook for one minute.
- Finally, add the sprouts, fresh herbs and onions; sprinkle over the toasted ground rice.
- To serve, place in lettuce cups.
Note: to make toasted ground rice, heat a dry wok to hot and add rice. Stirring until rice turns golden brown, remove from the heat and leave to cool. Grind to fairly coarse powder in mortar and pestle or a blender.