‘Win a Hunter Valley Gourmet Indulgence’
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and details of the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12:00am AEST on 7/10/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEDST 21/1/19 (“Promotional Period”).
- To receive one (1) entry into the draw, individuals must complete one (1) of the following entry methods during the Promotional Period:
- Promotional Email (only available to individuals who receive a promotional email about this promotion directly from the Promoter): click on the link provided in the promotional email to access the entry form, fully complete the entry form with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
- Promotional Stand: visit a promotional stand, fully complete the official entry form found at the promotional stand with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and place the fully completed entry form in the entry box provided at the promotional stand during the Promotional Period. A full list of promotional stand locations can be found at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/cellar-door-locations. Entry will also be valid at any additional ad-hoc promotional stands that the Promoter organises, at its discretion, throughout the Promotional Period; OR
- Online: visit either (i) the Promoter’s website at www.wineselectors.com.au/win; or (ii) any affiliated website as advertised by the Promoter, follow the prompts to the promotional entry page, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
- Social Media: visit one (1) of the Promoter’s social media accounts (either Instagram @wineselectors or Facebook www.facebook.com/wineselectors) and click the link within the a promotional post on the social media account, which will then redirect to wineselectors.com.au/win for the entry form, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. Promotional posts and advertisements may not be available throughout the entire Promotional Period and will be made available at the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- Incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be one (1) major prize draw conducted for this promotion, from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period. The major draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 20/2/2019 at 10:00am AEDST.
- The winner will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 22/2/2019.
- In the event the winner is from SA, the winner’s name will also be published in The Advertiser on 22/2/2019. Anisimoff Legal, on behalf of the Promoter, may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for eight (8) adults to the Hunter Valley, NSW valued at up to $7,735, depending on date. Prize includes:
- 2 x night stay at Enzo Cottage managed by Hunter Valley Stays – valued at $2,035
- Private catered lunch by a Hunter Valley based chef / restaurant – valued up to $1,500 to take place at Enzo cottage
- Award winning Hunter Valley wines (1 x dozen: 6 x 750ml red wines and 6 750ml x white wines) – valued at $800 to be delivered to the winner at Enzo cottage
- Private sommelier experience (for a maximum of 3 hours) – valued at $600 to take place at Enzo cottage
- Private tasting with Thomas wines held at Thomas Wines – valued at $800
- $2000 towards travel (awarded as a cash deposit to the winner)
For the removal of doubt, the winner and his/her companions will be responsible for organising their own transport to and from the Hunter Valley using the $2,000 cash provided as part of the prize. The winner and his/her companions will be responsible for any amount incurred above $2,000.
All elements of the prize are subject to availability at time of booking and cannot be taken . Booking requests must be made at least four (4) weeks prior to travel. The winner must take the prize within six (6) months of the draw date, subject to accommodation availabilities.If for any reason the winner does not take the prize and complete the relevant holiday within six (6) months or, once the prize has been booked, take the prize or an element of the prize by the date stipulated, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited without further compensation. All activities must be redeemed at once (i.e. over the course of 2 days/nights) and the winner may not change the activities of the prize. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary.
- All other expenses, not specifically stipulated in the prize description above, remain the responsibility of the prize winner and his/her companions as incurred, including but not limited to: any fees payable to suppliers for booking changes once a booking is confirmed and ticketed; spending money; additional meals (other than those included); taxes (except where otherwise stated); travel and transfers; items of a personal nature; in-room charges; gratuities; optional activities and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses. Accommodation partner will require the winner’s credit card details for security purposes and incidentals incurred outside of what is outlined in these Terms and Conditions. The winner and his/her companions must comply with the Hunter Valley Stays terms of stay and must not cause any damage to the property. The winner and his/her companions will be responsible for their own behaviour and will be liable for any damage to the accommodation property and any other travel partner’s property. Such costs will not be covered by the Promoter. Should the winner not have seven (7) companions, the remaining value of the prize will be forfeited and not exchanged for cash or additional prize value. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Total prize pool value is up to $7,735.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is not available, the Promoter and its prize suppliers reserve the right, in their discretion, to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written directions by a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take or claim the prize (or an element of the prize), by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 21/5/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 22/5/2019. In the event of a winner from SA, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 28/5/2019.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website or the Internet in relation to this promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Hunter Valley Wine and Tourism Association (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter, Hunter Valley Wine and Tourism Association and including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, illness or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if a promotional stand is not present or is relocated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or (g) taking of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner and his/her companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Australian Wine Selectors Pty Ltd (ABN 64 056 402 772) of 1 Wright Lane, Honeysuckle, Newcastle NSW 2300. Telephone: 1300 303 307.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/27519 ACT Permit No. TP18/01654 SA Permit No. T18/1515