‘Win an Iconic Mediterranean Cruise’
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and details of the Prize (defined below) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12:00am AEDT on 03/04/2019 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEST on 03/07/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To receive one (1) entry into the draw, individuals must complete one (1) of the following entry methods during the Promotional Period:
- Promotional Email (only available to individuals who receive a promotional email about this promotion directly from the Promoter): click on the link provided in the promotional email to access the entry form, fully complete the entry form with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
- Promotional Stand: visit a promotional stand, fully complete the official entry form found at the promotional stand with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and place the fully completed entry form in the entry box provided at the promotional stand during the Promotional Period. A full list of promotional stand locations can be found at http://www.wineselectors.com.au/customer-service/cellar-door-locations/cellar-door-locations. Entry will also be valid at any additional ad-hoc promotional stands that the Promoter organises, at their discretion, throughout the Promotional Period;
- Online: visit either the Promoter’s website at www.wineselectors.com.au/win or any affiliated website, follow the prompts to the promotional entry page, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period.
- Social Media: visit one (1) of the Promoter’s social media accounts (either Instagram @wineselectors or Facebook www.facebook.com/wineselectors) and click the link within the a promotional post on the social media account, which will then redirect to wineselectors.com.au/win for the entry form, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. Promotional posts and advertisements may not be available throughout the entire Promotional Period and will be made available at the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- Incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be one (1) draw conducted from all entries received during the Promotional Period. The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 31/07/2019 at 10:00am AEST. The winner will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner’s name will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 02/08/2019. In the event of a winner from SA, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 08/08/2019. Anisimoff Legal, on behalf of the Promoter, may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win the major prize (“Prize”) of an eight (8) day Mediterranean cruise for two (2) adults on board the Viking Star (departing from Barcelona and ending in Rome) The Prize is valued at up to $12,990. The Prize winner will receive a 8-day Iconic Western Mediterranean cruises for two (2) people, from Barcelona to Rome, on-board Viking Star, departing Barcelona on 21 November 2019 and return flights to Europe from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city. The Prize includes:
- A double occupancy Deluxe Veranda Stateroom with a king-size bed;
- Return Economy airfares ex SYD/MEL/BNE/ADL/PER up to the maximum value of AUD$4,000;
- Return transfers to/from ship/airport in Europe;
- Shore excursion in every port;
- Onboard meals and selected beverages as per Viking Cruises standard policy; and
- All onboard tipping as per Viking Cruises standard policy, port charges & taxes
The maximum retail value of the Prize is $12,990 AUD.
Prize must be taken to coincide with the cruise’s departure on 21st November 2019 with flights departing Australia on 20/11/2019. The winner and their travel companion must travel together. All meals, as specified in the cruise are included, but tips, transfer fees (other than specified in the itinerary) domestic travel to and from departure point, passports, Visas, telephone charges, laundry, additional nights or upgrades and any other personal expenses and travel insurances are the responsibility of the winner. Spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Standard terms and conditions of travelling with Viking Cruises will apply. See Viking Cruises Booking and Passage Conditions at https://www.vikingcruises.com.au/terms-conditions/index.html, which passengers will be bound by. Viking Cruises reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner and/or his/her travelling companion to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize if the Promoter determines, based on the advice of the captain or appropriately qualified medical professional that the winner and/or his/her travelling companion present a risk to their own health or safety or the health or safety of other guests or crew. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Flights will be arranged by Viking Cruises, subject to booking availability. Itinerary to be determined by Viking Cruises in its absolute discretion. Prize is subject to booking and flight availability. It is the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion to ensure they have the correct travel documents, visas and passports prior to travelling. The winner and their travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Additional excursions, spa treatments and beverage upgrade packages are excluded from this Prize and will be at the expense of the winner if they wish to purchase these options. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Any ancillary costs associated with the Prize are not included. These include, but are not limited to, spending money, additional meals, mini bar charges, further costs for transfers outside the allocated amount specified, items of a personal nature, travel insurance, passports and visas. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take or claim the Prize (or an element of the Prize), by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
- If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to AUD$12,990. The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for the Prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 31/10/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner (if one is required) will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner’s name (if awarded in the unclaimed prize draw) will also be published online at www.wineselectors.com.au/About-Wine-Selectors/Competition-Winners from 4/11/2019. In the event of a winner from SA, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 07/11/2019.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website or the Internet in relation to this promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if a promotional stand is not present or is relocated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) if the cruise is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (g) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (h) taking/use of the Prize (or part of the Prize).
- As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner and their travel companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Australian Wine Selectors Pty Ltd (ABN 64 056 402 772) of 1 Wright Lane, Honeysuckle, Newcastle NSW 2300. Telephone: 1300 303 307. NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/32301. ACT Permit No. TP19/02773. SA Permit No. T19/246