1 lamb shoulder, boneless 900-1300g
6 French shallots, roughly chopped
25g / 1bunch chopped sage
25g / 1bunch chopped thyme
2 Lemons, zest only, reserve juice
2 cloves garlic crushed
6 Lebanese eggplant
1lge red onion, finely diced
2lge tomatoes, finely diced
25g capers, losely chopped
2 gloves garlic, crushed
1 bunch basil, leaves only, finely chopped
1bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
75g red wine vinegar
1. Preheat the barbecue to high (OR GRIDDLE PAN).
2. Prepare the marinade minimum 20 minutes, but up to 24 hours ahead of time is fine, either in a mortar and pestle or food processor, blitz the shallots, sage, thyme, lemon zest, garlic and slowly drizzle in the EVOO until well combined. Spread evenly all over the lamb on all sides, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
3. Slice eggplant and zucchini in halves or strips, brush with olive oil and season, set aside for cooking.
4. Place lamb shoulder on barbecue, flipping twice throughout cooking (approx. 30minutes) until internal temperature is 65º Celsius for medium rare. Allow meat to rest for ten minutes before carving.
5. Whilst meat is resting, cook the vegetables over the barbecue, flipping once. When softened through and grill marks are visible, pile them onto a platter or board.
6. Whilst vegetables are cooking, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside to serve.
7. Carve lamb into 1cm slices, place on top of vegetables and dress all, generously.
8. Serve with yoghurt flatbread to fold and eat – no utensils necessary.
Zero refined sugar/ low fructose
Wine Match: Campbells Shiraz Durif 2016.
For more inspiration, check out My Market Kitchen's dedicated recipe page here: wselect.rs/MMK-Recipes