1. Mix the mustard, sugar, spice, garlic and salt to a paste, rub all over brisket. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 155ºC.
2. Heat oil in pan (medium-high) and brown brisket on all sides. Remove from pan. Add onions and herbs to a deep roasting dish pan and soften over medium heat.
3. Add brisket, stock, tomatoes, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover with foil and braise in oven for 5 hours until the meat is very tender. Remove brisket from pan and cover and keep warm.
4. Skim the fat off the pan juices, simmer for 4-5 minutes to thicken slightly. Spoon pan juice over the meat to serve.
Pickling liquor (make the day prior)
1. Combine all ingredients, except radish and cucumber, in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Take off heat, cool. Add radish and cucumber and refrigerate overnight.
1. Char the eggplant on a hot grill, turning occasionally until charred and tender. Remove from heat, cover in a bowl to rest for about 15 minutes.
2. Carefully peel and discard the charred skin of the eggplant. Add all ingredients to a food processor, process until smooth, season to taste.
1. Smear eggplant purée on the plate, add brisket and sprinkle over pickles. Finally, add a ball of labneh on top.