Grilled Cos Lettuce with Almonds Chili and Orange Dressing
On this episode of My Market Kitchen, Tobie Puttock takes the classic Grilled Cos Lettuce dish that you usually see at family BBQ's, and spices it up with almonds, chili and orange dressing.
Taking inspiration from the Adelaide Hills wine region, Wine Selectors Adam Walls suggests the Tomich Woodside Vineyard Grüner Veltliner 2018 and the Wicks Estate C.J. Wicks Pinot Noir 2018 for a perfect wine match.
You can tune in at 3:30PM weekdays on Channel 10 - start cooking!
2 heads cos lettuce, cut in half lengthways
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and cracked pepper
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Pinch of dried chili
2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
¼ cup almonds, slightly crushed
1. Pre-heat an oven or grill plate to medium/high.
2. Use a pastry brush (or fingers) to cover the surface of the lettuce with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the lettuce cut side down on the grill/ BBQ. Cook the lettuce for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for a further two minutes.
4. While the cos is cooking whisk together the orange dressing ingredients.
5. Serve the cos with the almonds and a drizzle of dressing.
6.Use a spatula to transfer the lettuce and the lemon to a serving plate and drizzle with remaining olive oil, a pinch of dried chili and the crushed almonds.