Guy Grossi’s Grilled cos, whipped ricotta & egg recipe
A young and zesty white with good acidity will be perfect with the salad. Try the Tamar Ridge Devil’s Corner Pinot Grigio 2015 – a fresh and restrained with an almost salty finish, it’s an excellent food wine.
- 1 bunch parsley
- 300g fresh ricotta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- 300g breadcrumbs
- 4 baby cos salad
- Wash and dry parsley leaves. Spread them on trays and spray them with vinegar.
- Let dry in a dehydrator overnight and the next day blitz it in the thermomix or food processor. Sift and store in airtight container at room temperature.
- Place ricotta in the thermomix or food processor, season with salt, oil, white pepper and blitz at high speed for one minute.
Fried egg yolk
- Place the egg yolks into the breadcrumbs and leave them for about 15–20 minutes, making sure they are well covered. Then carefully take them out and let them rest in the fridge.
- Deep fry them for 30 seconds when needed.
- Wash the salad into iced water for one hour, then cut into half lengthwise and season with salt, olive oil and vinegar. Grill the baby cos for few minutes.
- Plating up: spread ricotta on a serving plate, place two half baby cos on top, sprinkle the parsley dust and finish with the fried egg on the salad.