Guy Grossi's Midnight Spaghetti
White, Rosé or Red? It doesn’t matter, as this dish is so versatile when it comes to matching with wine. We couldn’t go past the Pizzini Nonna Gisella Sangiovese 2016 – medium weight with a vibrant core of red berry fruit and savoury tannin drive, this is another excellent food pairing wine.
- 180g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 garlic clove (brunoise)
- 1 shallot (brunoise)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 5 roma tomatoes concassè
- 1 tbsp (10g) parsley
- 4–5 drops colatura di alici (to taste)
- 10 leaves of washed fresh oregano
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water as per packet instructions and prepare the sauce in the meantime.
- Pan fry capers, garlic, shallot and chilli flakes in some olive oil, then add the tomatoes and cook for about one minute.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and put it together in the pan with the sauce.
- Add parsley, colatura di alici and adjust with salt.
- Using tongs curl the pasta into a nest and place it on a serving plate.
- Place the remaining sauce on top and garnish with oregano leaves.