Harold Hurtada's prawn and crispy shitake mushroom salad
with goma dressing
Harold Hurtada's Prawn and crispy shitake mushroom salad with goma dressing pairs well with a bright and refreshing white or Rosé, the addition of shitake mushrooms means that red drinkers could also enjoy a fragrant Pinot too.
4 prawns, U15-sized
Fresh salad mix
Black and white sesame seeds, roasted
Fresh shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
150g white sesame paste
200g Japanese vinegar
100g caster sugar
20ml lemon juice
10g garlic purée (raw garlic and olive oil blended to a purée)
250ml grapeseed oil
Recipe by: Harold Hurtada
Photography by: John Paul Urizar
1. Heat oil in a saucepan to medium-high heat. Deep fry the shitake until golden brown and set aside.
2. Peel prawns, removing shell but keeping the tail intact. Slice through the top to remove digestive track.
3. Heat frying pan with olive oil and cook prawn on both sides, seasoned with salt and pepper.
4. To make the goma dressing, mix all ingredients and blend together till smooth. Add grapeseed oil last.
5. Plating: In a mixing bowl, gently toss your salad with goma dressing. Place the salad on the plate, position the prawns around it, and drizzle with goma dressing. Finish with crispy shitake on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Rosé or Pinot Noir