Harold Hurtada's salmon sashimi new-style
Harold Hurtada's Salmon sashimi new-style is another beautifully clean dish that’s perfect with Riesling, however a light red such as Gamay or Pinot would also be superb.
180g salmon fillet
20g chives, chopped and cut into matchstick size
15g ginger, thinly julienned
50ml yuzu juice
50ml soy sauce
120ml olive oil
2 tbsp sesame oil
Garlic purée (raw garlic and olive oil blended to a purée)
White sesame seeds, roasted (to garnish)
Cherry tomato (to garnish)
Recipe by: Harold Hurtada
Photography by: John Paul Urizar
1. Thinly slice the salmon and arrange around the plate in a flower shape without overlapping. Apply small amount of garlic purée onto each piece.
2. Top each slice of salmon with julienned ginger and chives.
3. Dress the dish with a generous amount of yuzu juice and soy sauce.
4. In a small saucepan, mix the olive oil and sesame oil over high heat.
5. Once oil is heated, pour quickly over the dressed salmon on each piece, to slightly sear the salmon.
6. Garnish with a scattering of sesame seeds and cherry tomato at the centre, ready to serve.
Riesling or Gamay