1. Combine warm water, ½ tbsp sugar and yeast in a jug. Set aside in a warm place for
2. Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre; pour in yeast mixture, milk and salt and mix. Stir to combine. Place on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for a few minutes.
3. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 3 hours or until dough doubles in size.
4. For filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Divide dough into golf ball sized portions. Place dough in your hands and flatten slightly so that you can fill it with some sugar and cinnamon mixture. Wrap the dough around the filling mixture until it’s all enclosed and then place carefully on tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp oil. Place dough balls, seam side up in frying pan. Cook for 5-10 seconds. Turn over and flatten the dough with a spatula. Hotteok should be a 1cm thick round circle. Cook for another 20- 30 seconds until it is golden brown and the dough is cooked. Repeat with other filled dough. Serve rice cakes hot.