12 lamb cutlets, fat-trimmed, frenched
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed
100ml olive oil
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to season
200ml Muscat (or your favourite fortified wine)
600g pumpkin, cut into wedges
16 asparagus spears, trimmed
60g pine nuts, toasted
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
80ml olive oil
½ cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
1 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
1. In a food processor, combine rosemary, garlic and 20ml olive oil to form a paste. Sprinkle lamb cutlets with salt and pepper and rub with paste. Place in fridge for 12 hours for flavour to infuse.
2. Salsa verde: Place garlic, capers and 40ml of oil in a blender, blend for 1 minute. Add mint and parsley and remaining oil. Blend to combine. Season to taste.
3. Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Place Muscat in a saucepan over low heat for 30 minutes or until reduced and a honey like consistency.
4. Place pumpkin in a roasting pan, drizzle with remaining oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
5. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the cutlets for 1 minute each side. Place on a lined tray in the oven for 6 minutes or until an internal temperature of 60-65°C or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered loosely with foil to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
6. Meanwhile boil, steam, or microwave asparagus for 2 minutes or until just tender, drain.
7. To serve: Place pumpkin on plate, top with lamb cutlets, followed by asparagus. Drizzle muscat reduction on one side, Salsa Verde on the other, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
Wine Match: Tahbilk Grenache Shiraz Mourvèdre 2018