200g good quality dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
125g cold butter, chopped
2 tbsp raspberry jam
½ cup (110g) brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 cup (150g) plain flour
125g raspberries, fresh or frozen
Cocoa powder or icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 19cm square deep cake pan with baking paper.
2. Combine butter and chocolate in large saucepan or microwave safe container; stir over very low heat until melted. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in raspberry jam, sugar, then eggs one at a time. Stir in sifted flour, then gently fold in the raspberries. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until the brownie is firm to touch. Cool in pan.
5. Cut into squares. Dust with sifted cocoa
or icing sugar, if desired.
Lyndey’s note: butter and chocolate can be melted in the microwave. This recipe can be made four days ahead.