1 whole firm head white or purple cauliflower, well washed
250ml white wine
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
80g freshly grated cheddar or parmesan
Sprinkle of sweet paprika
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC.
2. Trim the leaves from the stem of the cauliflower and use a small knife to put cuts into the stem at several angles to help it cook more evenly.
3. Heat the wine in a large saucepan with a tight fitting lid, place in the cauliflower, flowerets up, then cover and steam for about 8–10 minutes or until nearly tender.
4. Remove and place on a baking tray. Brush with the olive oil, sprinkle on the cheese and dust with some paprika, then roast in a hot oven until the cheese has melted.
5. Serve as the vegetable course in a long meal or as an entrée.
Notes: Break the cauliflower up into florets after steaming, spread over a tray and use more cheese if that makes you happier.