We're back for Channel 10's My Market Kitchen for a food and wine adventure with hosts Laura Sharrad and Mike Reid!
On this episode, we venture into the Hunter Valley and Tasmania to explore what these regions have to offer. Mike shows us how to put together a vegetarian Beetroot Tartare that pairs nicely with the lighter bodied Shiraz Viognier and Pinot Noir Adam suggests. The earthy and herbaceous tones in the wine are explored with this recipe.
While Mike creates this easy yet sophisticated Beetroot Tartare recipe, Adam suggests a perfect wine pairing of Keith Tulloch Shiraz Viognier 2019 and Bell & Gong Pinot Noir 2019.
You can tune in at 3:30pm weekdays on Channel 10 - start cooking!
2 large beetroots, roasted
1 large hass avocado, very ripe
1 quails egg yolk
½ shallot or red onion, diced
1 tsp cornichons, finely chopped
1 tsp capers, finely chopped
Small bunch of Chives, chopped
1 tbsp Olive oil
1. Roast your beetroot until they have softened and then chill them down before you begin to assemble
2. Cut your beets into quarters then take a mixing bowl and colander and push the beets through the holes in the colander into the bowl. This will give you mince like consistency
3. Add your diced Onion, Cornichons and capers to the beetroot and mix well.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, mash up your avocado with a fork until it is a puree consistency, then dress with some olive oil and lime juice. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper
5. Dressing your beetroot with a lick of olive oil, salt and pepper then fold through your chives. Your now ready to assemble
6. Place a base circular layer of avocado, then begin to build your beetroot nest. In the center gently place your quail egg. One last pinch of salt, add a wedge of lime on the side and it’s ready to enjoy!