My Market Kitchen Spicy Prawn Pasta
We're back for Channel 10's My Market Kitchen for a food and wine adventure with hosts Laura Sharrad and Mike Reid!
On this episode, we venture into the Riverina and the King Valley to explore what these regions have to offer. Laura shows us how to put together a Spicy Prawn Pasta made with fresh pasta. The Fiano's light, fresh and zippy flavour pairs nicely with this pasta dish.
While Laura creates this flavoursome pasta, Adam suggests a perfect wine pairing of Signor Vino Fiano 2021 and Sam Miranda Arneis 2021.
You can tune in at 3:30pm weekdays on Channel 10 - start cooking!
2-3 Long red Chilies
1 birds eye chili (optional)
Juice of ½ a Lemon
2 dozen Fresh Raw Prawns
A few knobs of Butter
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat up a pan with a generous amount of olive oil, then dice up Onion, garlic & Chili and add to pan. Season to taste with S&P. In a separate pot begin boiling water for pasta
2. Add a splash of white wine to the pan and cook out the alcohol
3. Once ingredients in the pan have softened, place fresh pasta in boiling water to cook. Fresh pasta should take 2-3 mins to cook. Make sure you salt the water
4. Add the prawns to the pan and turn up the heat. Be careful not to over cook your prawns! Just as they’ve turned opaque the prawns are cooked.
5. Now chopped up Basil and parsley then add to the pan and stir through
6. Add the juice of ½ a lemon
7. Once the Prawns and pasta are cooked, add your pasta and butter to the pan and combine thoroughly
8. Your pasta is now ready to serve. Dress with olive oil, salt and pepper to Taste.