My Market Kitchen Tinned Tuna Pasta
We're back for Channel 10's My Market Kitchen for a food and wine adventure with hosts Laura Sharrad and Mike Reid!
On this episode, we venture into the Hunter Valley and Adelaide Hills to explore what these regions have to offer. Laura shows us how to put together an easy and simple tinned tuna pasta, while Adam suggest two white wines he think will pair nicely. Adam thinks the textural and roundness of the Sauvignon Blanc, made similarly to Chardonnay, will work well with the tomato sauce.
While Laura creates this quick 20 minute recipe, Adam suggests a perfect wine pairing of Vintage Longbottom H Sauvignon Blanc 2021 and The Little Wine Company Vermentino 2021.
You can tune in at 3:30pm weekdays on Channel 10 - start cooking!
A bunch of basil
1. Boil a pot of salty water so it’s ready to cook your pasta.
2. In a pan on medium heat, sweat down your diced onion and garlic with some oil. Once they have softened, go in with your purée and let it simmer. Season to taste
3. Add the tuna and fresh basil leaves to your sauce at this point. Cook until the tuna is warmed through.
4. Cook your pasta according to the packet in the boiling water. When the pasta is ready, drain it off and place it in the sauce and toss to combine. Reserve some of your pasta water to loosen the sauce and coat the pasta
5. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and it’s ready to eat!