40ml olive oil
1 brown onion, finely dice
2 carrots, finely dice
100g celery, finely dice
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
2 lobster tails, chopped
200g green prawns in shell
1 cup dry white wine
1 litre fish stock
200g tomato paste
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
4 bay leaves
100g double thick cream
4 king prawns, butterflied
8 scallops, roe off
80ml olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped basil leaves
2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
1 litre fish or vegetable stock
1 small brown onion, finely diced
320g Arborio rice
200ml white wine
12 shrimp, peeled
100g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Caviar to serve (optional)
1. For bisque: Heat butter and oil in a large, heavy based saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery. Cook 7 minutes or until soft. Stir to combine. Add garlic, lobster pieces and prawns and stir to combine. Add white wine and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Add stock, tomato paste, thyme and bay leaves. Stir.
2. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally or until liquid has reduced by half. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly. Remove lobster and prawns. Blend in batches until smooth, then pass through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan. Add butter and cream, season. Keep warm until risotto is ready.
3. To marinate king prawns, place them in a bowl with 4 scallops, 20ml olive oil, garlic and herbs, toss to coat. Cover and set aside in the fridge until required.
4. For risotto: Place stock in a saucepan over low heat.
5. Heat 20ml oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add rice and stir to coat the grains. Add wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until absorbed. Add stock a ladleful at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next. Continue stirring constantly, for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked but firm to bite. Add shrimp and remaining scallops to the pan, and gently incorporate into the rice. Remove from the heat. Add the butter and Parmesan and gently stir through.
6. In a second pan, heat the remaining olive oil. Add marinated king prawns and scallops and cook until almost done, then remove from the heat.
7. To serve: In each of the four plates, spoon in risotto then ladle over bisque. Top each with a marinated king prawn and scallop, and garnish with fresh parsley and a teaspoon of caviar (optional).
Wine Match: Chrismont La Zona Pinot Grigio 2018