1 tbsp EVOO
2 chicken marylands
6 sprigs of thyme
1 tsp garlic powder salt to season
50g piece of chopped pancetta
1 red onion cut into wedges
50g dried figs
3 figs halved
1 tsp brown sugar
1⁄4 cup white wine
1⁄4 cup of chicken stock
2 tsp red wine vinegar
50g goats cheese
Preheat oven to 180c
1. Heat oil in a tray fit for the oven over high heat, coat the chicken with 2 sprigs of thyme, garlic powder and salt then brown for 3 minutes each side or until golden. transfer to plate.
2. Add pancetta, red onion and dried figs to the tray and cook on medium for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp, remove to plate.
3. Sprinkle the cut side of the figs with sugar and place cut side down on a pan and cook for about 30 seconds until the sugar caramelises. transfer to plate.
4. Add wine to deglaze pan then stock and vinegar, once the the liquids are reduced by 1⁄2
5. Return to a tray the chicken, pancetta, onions, dried figs, caramelised figs and a sprinkle of thyme over and place in an oven for 30-35 minutes at 180C.
6. Serve with thyme and fresh goats cheese.
Wine Match: Lambrook Sauvignon Blanc 2018 & Tomich Grüner Veltliner 2017.
For more inspiration, check out My Market Kitchen's dedicated recipe page here: wselect.rs/MMK-Recipes