Scott Picketts Soufflé recipe is a simple yet elegant dessert that adds a little something extra to your dinner plans.
600g raspberry purée (Boiron, if possible, available at all good food stores)
Pinch bicarbonate of soda
25g castor sugar
Butter, melted (for greasing)
#1 100g castor sugar
#2 25g cornflour mixed with 50g cold water
Recipe by Scott Pickett
Photography by Alex Squadrito and Adrian Zanardo
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC.
2. Bring #1 to boil in a saucepan and cook to 118ºC, set aside and reserve.
3. Boil purée and combine with #1.
4. Combine this with #2.
5. Cookout over a gentle heat for approx.10 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
6. Strain through a suitable sized sieve and reserve until cool.
7. Brush 4 soufflé moulds with melted butter and sprinkle with caster sugar, remove all loose sugar and reserve.
8. Place 2 egg whites into an electric mixing bowl and whisk at a medium speed. Add 25g sugar and a pinch of bicarbonate of soda. Continue to whisk at a high speed until thick and glossy.
9. Place mixture into prepared soufflé moulds and smooth flat, place into the prepared oven for approx. 11 minutes, serve immediately with cream/ice cream or both.