Stefano Manfredi's Margherita Pizza
Stefano Manfredi's Marherita pizza pairs nicely with a Sangiovese wine, making it the perfect pizza and pasta wine.
250g ball of basic pizza dough, removed from the fridge as per dough instructions
100g tinned San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
150g fior di latte mozzarella
A handful of fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Recipe by: Stefano Manfredi
Photography by: Kitti Gould
1. Place a large tile in your oven for the pizza, then pre-heat to full heat (without using any fan-forced function) for 20-30 minutes.
2. Shape and stretch your dough to form a base around 30 cm in diameter using some flour on the work bench.
3. Hand squeeze the tomatoes; it doesn’t matter if there are pieces left and they’re not completely uniform. Spread onto shaped pizza base, leaving the edges clear to 3 cm.
4. Thinly slice the mozzarella and scatter evenly, here and there, on the tomato. Season with salt.
5. Place the pizza in the oven for 3–8 minutes (depending on your oven) until cooked, turning to get an even colour. Remove, scatter the basil leaves on top and drizzle with the oil.