Alessandro Pavoni's tiramisu recipe was created by Alessandro Pavoni's grandmother and still lives on in his resturant today.
300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
234ml egg yolk
180g caster sugar
500ml long black coffee
1 packet of sponge fingers or savoiardi biscuits
Cocoa, for dusting
Recipe by: Alessandro Pavoni
Photography by: John Paul Urizar
Styling by: Michaela Le Compte
1. Make long black coffee, strain out any coffee granules and set aside.
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until pale and thick.
3. Add the mascarpone, mixing gently until just combined.
4. Beat whipped cream in a medium bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form.
5. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
6. Dip enough biscuits into the coffee mixture to cover the base of a 19cm square ceramic dish.
7. Cover the biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dust generously with cocoa and serve.