1 fillet of ocean trout, pin bones and skin removed (approx. 1.3kg)
150g table salt
40g sesame oil
30g white sesame seeds
3 sheets of nori seaweed (torn up then blended fine in a spice grinder or bullet blender)
1. Mix the salt and sugar together, rub generously over the ocean trout fillet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Remove from the fridge, rinse the salt/sugar mix off under cold water then pat dry with paper towel.
3. Rub sesame oil over the whole fillet.
4. Mix white sesame seeds and nori together and cover the ocean trout.
5. Place the room temperature fillet on greaseproof paper in a preheated oven at 80ºC for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with asparagus dish as a side.
Wine match: Chardonnay