Taste, Tour and Cruise through South Australia
SOLD OUT - This amazing trip is now sold out!
Join Imagine Holidays and Wine Selectors for an unforgettable Escape to beautiful South Australia, including curated small group wine experiences.
There’s no better time to experience the many wonders of South Australia! From its gorgeous wine regions to the breathtaking Kangaroo Island and mighty Murray River, the Festival State is waiting to welcome you.
Bringing you some of SA’s best, Wine Selectors and Imagine Holidays have combined their expertise to curate an exclusive 8-night getaway, departing 11 November, 2021.
The ultimate must-do experience for food-and-wine-loving travellers, you'll taste your way through Adelaide Hills, Barossa, and Kangaroo Island enjoying small group wine tours, exclusive dinners and tastings hosted by Paul Diamond, Publisher of Selector magazine and Wine Educator for Wine Selectors.
To finish your adventure, you'll wind down the Murray River on a 4 night cruise on board PS Murray Princess.
A Kangaroo Island Adventure
Bringing together sumptuous food, delectable wines and fascinating wildlife experiences is Australia’s third largest island. With a local expert and Paul Diamond as your guides, you’ll take in the very best of Kangaroo Island on this overnight stay.
This incredible destination is renowned for its pristine beaches and your accommodation hosts, Penneshaw Beach Stay, offer you a dazzling view of one of the bluest. While you might not want to leave the serenity, you won’t want to miss the fun that awaits.
Wild the island may be, but its wines are the height of sophistication as tastings at The Islander Estate Vineyards and Amadio Wines will reveal. While it’s a tipple of a different taste on offer at Kangaroo Island Spirits.
The deliciousness continues at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Oil Distillery where there’s a guided tour and lunch, and tastings at Emu Bay Lavender Farm and Cliffords Honey Farm.
And there’s plenty of time to work it all it off with a guided beach walk of Seal Bay Conservation Park and in the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park. While Pennington Bay and Prospect Hill will see you soaking up some of the island’s most spectacular views.
The Mighty Murray
Some of Australia’s greatest pioneers used the Murray River as their outback river highway and you’ll follow in their wake on this 4-night cruise. The step back to yesteryear begins as you board the charming Murray Princess. An authentic paddlewheeler, this beautiful vessel combines history with contemporary comfort for an unforgettable cruise.
The past is brought to life throughout this fascinating journey, from passing through the first lock built on the river at Blanchetown to touring the local museum in Swan Reach. You’ll channel your inner archaeologist as you’re guided through the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve, while in Sunnydale you’ll be offered a glimpse into the past at the Woolshed Show.
Of course, the food and wine loving adventure continues en route. Burk Salter Wines in Blanchetown is a boutique producer offering a unique cellar door experience. And for authentic local flavours, there’s a great Aussie Barbecue cooked on the banks of the river and the option of a Bush Tucker Breakfast, complete with native flavours from kangaroo sausages to wattleseed toast.
Amid soaking up the history and savouring the food and wine, there’s plenty of natural beauty to take in too. You’ll marvel at the towering sandstone cliffs at the Big Bend before being charmed by the residents of the Native Wildlife Shelter.
For the night owls, there are options to see what goes on after dark. From animal sightings including kangaroos, wombats, bats and more on the Nocturnal Tour, to the spectacular sights of the Dark Sky Night Tour, there’s so much to explore.
Holiday package includes;
An exclusive 8-night getaway departing 11 November, 2021.
- Flights* per person (ex Sydney or Melbourne)
- All transfers
- 3 night four-star hotel stay in Adelaide with breakfast
- 1 night four-star hotel stay in Kangaroo Island with breakfast and lunch
- 4 night Murray River cruise on board PS Murray Princess with all meals and sightseeing
- 20 meals
Fully escorted tours including;
- Full day Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills small group tour with dinner and wine tastings, visiting Shaw + Smith, Château Tanunda and Seppeltsfield hosted by Paul Diamond, Publisher of Selector
- 6 pack of wine valued at RRP$175 specially chosen from the regions that you will be visiting, delivered to your door from Wine Selectors
- 1 night Kangaroo Island visit
- The Islander Estate Vineyards Wine Tasting, Gin Tasting at Kangaroo Island Spirits, Amadio Wines lunch and tasting hosted by Paul Diamond, Publisher Selector Magazine
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Oil Distillery - Guided Tour & Lunch
- In-Flight Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain
- Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
- Tastings and tour at the Emu Bay Lavender Farm
- A 4 night Murray River cruise on board PS Murray Princess with all meals and sightseeing
- Wine tasting experience at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show and visit the Native Wildlife Shelter
- Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
- Ride in a scenic tender boat
Prices start from $3399 pp* including flights*, 4 star B&B hotels, transfers, some meals and all tours. T&Cs apply.