‘WIN AN ULURU EXPERIENCE” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and details of the Prize (defined below) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12:00am AEDST on 08/01/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEDST on 06/04/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- To receive one (1) entry into the draw, individuals must complete at least one (1) of the following entry methods during the Promotional Period:
- Promotional Email (only available to individuals who receive a promotional email about this promotion directly from the Promoter): click on the link provided in the promotional email to access the entry form, fully complete the entry form with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
- Promotional Stand: visit a promotional stand, fully complete the official entry form found at the promotional stand with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and place the fully completed entry form in the entry box provided at the promotional stand during the Promotional Period. A full list of promotional stand locations can be found at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/cellar-door-locations. Entry will also be valid at any additional ad-hoc promotional stands that the Promoter organises, at its discretion, throughout the Promotional Period; OR
- Online: visit either (i) the Promoter’s website at www.wineselectors.com.au/outbackcompetition; or (ii) any affiliated website as advertised by the Promoter, follow the prompts to the promotional entry page, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
- Social Media: visit one (1) of the Promoter’s social media accounts (either Instagram or Facebook) and click on a post or advertisement relating to this promotion by the Promoter on one (1) of those platforms, and then follow the prompts to the entry mechanism hosted on http://woobox.com/, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. Promotional posts and advertisements may not be available throughout the entire Promotional Period and will be made available at the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- Incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 10/04/2018 at 10:00am AEST. The winner will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner’s name will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 12/04/2018. In the event the winner is from SA, the winner’s name will also be published in The Advertiser on 17/04/2018. Anisimoff Legal, on behalf of the Promoter, may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win an Uluru experience for two (2) adults valued at up to $5,300, depending on date and point of departure (“Prize”). The Prize includes:
- Two (2) x return domestic economy airfares with Virgin Australia from the winner’s nearest capital city to Ayers Rock Airport, including 23kg checked luggage (only provided if winner resides outside of the Northern Territory. If the winner is from the Northern Territory, then the prize does not include airfares and the airfare component of the prize is not redeemable for cash)
- Ayers Rock Airport transfers
- Three (3) nights at the beautiful 5-star Sails in the Desert
- ‘A night at Field of Light’ dinner experience under the outback sky
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Desert Awakenings sunrise and Uluru tour
- One (1) dinner at Ilkari Restaurant (excluding beverages)
- Indigenous Activities Program including bush food experience, guided garden walk and Indigenous story telling experience
All other costs associated with the Prize will be the responsibility of the Prize winner. Accommodation partners will require the winner’s credit card details at check in for security purposes and incidentals incurred outside of what is outlined in these terms and conditions. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Prize is valid for two (2) adults. All elements of the Prize are subject to availability at time of booking. The winner must book their trip a minimum of six (6) weeks (i.e. forty-two (42) days) prior to intended travel date. The Prize is valid to be used and must be completed by 30 March 2019. If for any reason the winner does not take the Prize and complete the relevant holiday before 30 March 2019 or, once the prize has been booked, take the Prize or an element of the Prize by the date stipulated, then the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited without further compensation. All activities must be redeemed at once (i.e. over the course of three (3) nights/days) and the winner may not change the activities of the Prize. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary.
- All other expenses, not specifically stipulated in the Prize description above, remain the responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her nominated travel companion as incurred, including but not limited to: any fees payable to airlines or suppliers for booking changes once a booking is confirmed and ticketed; spending money; additional meals (other than those included); taxes (except where otherwise stated); additional travel and transfers; transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature; in-room charges; entry fee to the Uluru-kata Tjuta National Park; gratuities; optional activities and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses.
- In the event that the Prize (or part of the Prize) is/are not available, the Promoter and their prize supplier Voyages reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part of the Prize) in its discretion to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written directions by a regulatory authority. All tours are subject to availability and weather conditions permitting.
- Virgin Airfare Conditions apply:
All expenses other than those specified are the responsibility of the Prize Winner. Both the Prize Certificate and flights are non-redeemable for cash. Tickets redeemed under the Prize Certificate are valid on Virgin Australia operated flights only and not code share services. Flights are subject to availability. Any changes to bookings once ticketed will incur a change fee from $75 per guest, per change and any change is subject to availability. Virgin Australia’s terms and conditions of carriage apply to the Ticket. Virgin Australia’s terms and conditions of carriage are online available at http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/about-us/legal-policies/conditions-of-carriage/. Passengers who do not notify Virgin Australia at least 48 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight will forfeit the Ticket. Prize Certificates or Tickets may not be sold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original recipient or any subsequent bearer. If a Prize Certificate or Ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, it will be cancelled at Virgin Australia’s sole discretion. Tickets cannot be upgraded and are not valid to earn Velocity points or status credits. The winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for any requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the winner and his/her travel companion’s sole responsibility. The winner is responsible for all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurrent in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Should the winner not have an additional guest, the remaining value of the Prize will be forfeited and not exchanged for cash or additional prize value.
- The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take or claim the Prize (or an element of the Prize), by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
- If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to $5,300. The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for the Prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 17/07/2018 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner’s name (if awarded in the unclaimed prize draw) will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 20/07/2018. In the event of a winner from SA, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 20/07/2018.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website or the Internet in relation to this promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if a promotional stand is not present or is relocated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking/use of the Prize (or part of the Prize).
- As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner and his/her companions must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Australian Wine Selectors Pty Ltd (ABN 64 056 402 772) of 1 Wright Lane, Honeysuckle, Newcastle NSW 2300. Telephone: 1300 303 307.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/20018 ACT Permit No. TP17/02402 SA Permit No. T17/2260