‘Discover Fraser Island with Kingfisher Bay Resort’
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and details of the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12:00am AEST on 09/07/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEDST on 12/10/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- To receive one (1) entry into the draw, individuals must complete one (1) of the following entry methods during the Promotional Period:
- Promotional Email (only available to individuals who receive a promotional email about this promotion directly from the Promoter): click on the link provided in the promotional email to access the entry form, fully complete the entry form with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
- Promotional Stand: visit a promotional stand, fully complete the official entry form found at the promotional stand with all of the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and place the fully completed entry form in the entry box provided at the promotional stand during the Promotional Period. A full list of promotional stand locations can be found at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/cellar-door-locations. Entry will also be valid at any additional ad-hoc promotional stands that the Promoter organises, at its discretion, throughout the Promotional Period; OR
- Online: visit either (i) the Promoter’s website at www.wineselectors.com.au/win; or (ii) any affiliated website as advertised by the Promoter, follow the prompts to the promotional entry page, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period; OR
- Social Media: visit one (1) of the Promoter’s social media accounts (either Instagram @wineselectors or Facebook www.facebook.com/wineselectors) and click the link within the a promotional post on the social media account, which will then redirect to wineselectors.com.au/win for the entry form,, input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, postcode, and a valid email address), confirm they are aged 18 years or over by ticking the relevant tick box, and submit the fully completed entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period. Promotional posts and advertisements may not be available throughout the entire Promotional Period and will be made available at the Promoter’s absolute discretion; OR
- Subscription (only available to individuals who are not an not an existing subscriber of Selector Magazine prior to the Promotional Period): subscribe to Selector Magazine by visiting www.selectormagazine.com.au/subscribe and completing and submitting the subscription form or purchase the July/ August issue of Selector Magazine and subscribe by completing the form therein and mail the form to Wine Selectors, Locked Bag 229 Hunter Region MC NSW 2310 or fax the form to 1300 130 220 so it is received during the Promotional Period.
- Incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be one (1) major prize draw conducted for this promotion, from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period. The major draw and will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 8/11/2018 at 10:00am AEDST.
- The winner will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 22/11/2018 .
- In the event the winner is from SA, the winner’s name will also be published in The Advertiser on 06/12/2018. Anisimoff Legal, on behalf of the Promoter, may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for two (2) adults to Kingfisher Bay Resort on Fraser Island, QLD valued at up to $5,020, depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes:
* 7 nights 4-star resort hotel accommodation in a Kingfisher Bay Resort Bayview room for two (2) adults;
* Airport transfers from Hervey Bay Fraser Coast airport to ferry port at River Heads;
* Return passenger ferry transfers from River Heads to Kingfisher Bay Resort;
* Buffet breakfast at Kingfisher Bay Resort daily;
* 2 x 80 minute massages (i.e. 1 per person) at the Fraser Island Day Spa;
* 1 x dinner for two adults in Maheno Restaurant (on set menu);
* 1 x 3 course dinner for two adults, including 1 x 750ml bottle of wine, in Seabelle Restaurant (on set menu); and
*$1,000 worth of travel vouchers from Flight Centre.
For the removal of doubt, the prize does not include return airfares. Any costs associated with travelling to Hervey Bay Fraser Coast airport should be paid for using the $1,000 Flight Centre travel voucher, and organised by the winner.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability at time of booking and cannot be taken during Australian school holidays, public holidays, or other peak periods. The winner must take the prize within twelve (12) months of the draw, subject to accommodation availabilities. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize and complete the relevant holiday within twelve (12) months or, once the prize has been booked, take the prize or an element of the prize by the date stipulated, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited without further compensation. All activities must be redeemed at once (i.e. over the course of seven (7) nights/days) and the winner may not change the activities of the prize. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary.
- All other expenses, not specifically stipulated in the prize description above, remain the responsibility of the prize winner and his/her companion as incurred, including but not limited to: any fees payable to suppliers for booking changes once a booking is confirmed and ticketed; spending money; additional meals (other than those included); taxes (except where otherwise stated); additional travel and transfers; transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature; in-room charges; gratuities; optional activities and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses. Accommodation partner will require the winner’s credit card details for security purposes and incidentals incurred outside of what is outlined in these Terms and Conditions. The winner and his/her companion must comply with the Kingfisher Bay Resort terms of stay and must not cause any damage to the property. The winner and his/her companion will be responsible for their own behaviour and will be liable for any damage to the accommodation property and any other travel partner’s property. Such costs will not be covered by the Promoter. Should the winner not have a companion, the remaining value of the prize will be forfeited and not exchanged for cash or additional prize value. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Flight Centre vouchers are not included. Any unused balance of the Flight Centre vouchers will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Flight Centre vouchers is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
- Total prize pool value is up to $5,020.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is not available, the Promoter and its prize suppliers reserve the right, in their discretion, to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written directions by a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take or claim the prize (or an element of the prize), by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 8/02/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified via phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will also be published online at https://www.wineselectors.com.au/competitions/competition-winners from 22/02/2019. In the event of a winner from SA, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 01/03/2019.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website or the Internet in relation to this promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Kingfisher Bay Resort (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Kingfisher Bay Resort including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, illness or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if a promotional stand is not present or is relocated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or (g) taking of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner and his/her companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Australian Wine Selectors Pty Ltd (ABN 64 056 402 772) of 1 Wright Lane, Honeysuckle, Newcastle NSW 2300. Telephone: 1300 303 307.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/25227. ACT Permit No. TP18/01075. SA Permit No. T18/992