We're back for Channel 10's My Market Kitchen for a food and wine adventure with hosts Laura Sharrad and Mike Reid! On this episode, we venture into the Clare Valley and Gundagai to explore what these regions have to offer.
Laura shows us how to put together a unique vegetarian tandoori cauliflower with cashew yoghurt and lentil salad, while Adam suggest two complementary wines he think will pair nicely with the spice element in this dish. Adam thinks the aromatic Viognier will have the right amount of flavour to compliment Laura's spicy recipe.
While Laura creates this spicy, vibrant vegetarian recipe, Adam suggests a perfect wine pairing of Artwine Madame V Viognier 2019 and Rowlee Block 2 Syrah 2019.
You can tune in at 3:30pm weekdays on Channel 10 - start cooking!
1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges
400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin, toasted
Salad greens, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. For the marinade, place all ingredients and 1 tbs water in a small food processor. Whiz until smooth. Season to taste.
3. Coat cauliflower in marinade and place on prepared tray. Roast for 40-45 minutes until tender when pierced through the centre with a knife.
4. Meanwhile, for the cashew yoghurt cream, place all ingredients in a small food processor and whiz until smooth. Season to taste. Set aside.
5. Spread three-quarters of the cashew yoghurt over a serving platter. Top with the roasted cauliflower. Mix together the lentils, onion, lemon juice, olive oil and cumin, season to taste, and toss to coat. Spoon around the cauliflower. Toss the salad leaves in any remaining lentil dressing in the bowl and add to the salad. Serve with the remaining cashew yoghurt alongside.