2 raw lobster tails, cut in half
60g butter, melted
1 teaspoon lemon myrtle oil
Pinch of dried lemon myrtle, ground
Pinch of dried saltbush, ground
Pinch of native mountain pepper leaf, ground*
1 teaspoon finger lime pearls, crushed
1. In a bowl, mix butter with lemon myrtle oil, lemon myrtle, saltbush and pepper leaf.
2. Place lobster tails in an ovenproof pan, spoon butter over tails.
3. Place under grill , cook until just opaque.
4. Remove lobster tails and set aside. Place pan on the stove on low heat. Add finger lime pearls to pan juices. Heat through and adjust seasoning. Spoon sauce over tails.
5. Serve with a soft herb and micro leaf salad.
Wine match: Fiano or Vermentino
Styling: Michaela Le Compte, Food prep: Danny Taplin