3 tbsp EVOO
1 banana shallot or
2 shallots finely chopped
5 anchovy fillets finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 lemon, zest and juice.
a pinch of salt
300g asparagus woody part removed
1. Coat the asparagus with 1 tbsp of EVOO and in a griddle pan on high, cook the asparagus in batches for 4-6 minutes turning once.
2. Place 1 tbsp of EVOO into a medium pan then add shallots, a pinch of salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
3. Add the anchovies, stir and mash them until dissolved.
4. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
5. Zest the lemon into the mixture, then add a squeeze of lemon juice
6. Add the bread crumbs and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until crispy then season with salt.
7. Place asparagus on a serving dish, top with a drizzle of EVOO then add the crumb mixture.
Wine Match: Frankland Estate Riesling 2017 & Snake & Herring Redemption Syrah 2017
For more inspiration, check out My Market Kitchen's dedicated recipe page here: wselect.rs/MMK-Recipes