100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli)
2 lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler
4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
2 eschalots, thinly sliced
1 cup coriander sprigs
1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs
1-2 small red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
100ml vegetable oil
400g salmon fillet with skin-on, pin- boned, cut into 4cm-wide portions
2 tbs capers, drained
Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
1-2 tbs fish sauce, to taste
1. Soak noodles in boiling water for
5 minutes, then drain and combine with cucumber, spring onion, eschalot, coriander, parsley and chilli in a bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. When very hot, add salmon skin-side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until very crispy.
3. Turn the salmon, then remove skin using tongs and set aside. Start to break the salmon up into 2-3cm pieces with tongs or a fork, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until it flakes and starts to crisp.
4. Add the capers and cook for a further 45 seconds or until crisp.
5. Remove salmon and capers with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel, then season.
6. Dress salad with lime juice and fish sauce, then add salmon, capers and fish skin broken into pieces. Toss and serve with extra lime.