For the duck:
1. Toast all the spices, except the star anise in a dry pan then crush in a mortar and pestle with salt.
2. Cross score the skin of the duck and rub the entire breast with spice rub
3. Place skin side down in a cold pan on medium heat and cook for 8-12 minutes.
4. Flip and cook for another 8-10 minutes on the other side.
5. Remove and set aside covered with foil for 10 minutes.
6. Pour orange juice, madeira, vinegar, star anise and sugar in the same pan and reduce by 3⁄4
7. Add butter and use to sauce to dress the duck.
For the salad:
1. Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve with the duck and sauce
Wine Match: Red Hill Estate Cool Climate Pinot Noir 2016 & Rob Dolan White Label Pinot Noir 2017.
For more inspiration, check out My Market Kitchen's dedicated recipe page here: wselect.rs/MMK-Recipes