4 x 180g barramundi fillet
1 bunch baby beets, trimmed and washed (optional)
2 tsp ground lemon myrtle
1 tbsp macadamia oil
2 lemons, cut into cheeks, to serve
¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
¼ tsp strawberry gum
¼ tsp ground salt bush
¼ tsp roast ground wattleseed
¼ tsp ground mountain pepper leaf
¼ tsp sugar
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
2 medium zucchini, shaved
1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
120g baby rocket
¼ cup mint leaves
½ cup (70g) toasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Wrap beets in foil and place on a tray in the oven. Roast for 45 minutes or until a skewer easily pierces the flesh. Remove until cool enough to handle. Peel using disposable gloves.
2. Sprinkle barramundi fillets all over with lemon myrtle powder, rub in and leave to absorb the flavours while you prepare the salad.
3. Blanch asparagus in salted boiling water or microwave for 1½ minutes or until tender-crisp. Refresh in cold water.
4. Meanwhile whisk together dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss with asparagus, zucchini, fennel, rocket and mint.
5. Heat a frying pan over high heat, add butter and macadamia oil, until it begins to bubble. Place the fish skin side down in the pan, pressing occasionally with a fish slice to keep flat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked as desired.
6. To serve, divide rocket between four plates. Top with salad then cooked fish. Place baby beets around, if using. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with macadamia nuts. Serve with lemon cheeks if desired.
Lyndey’s Note: I have used native spices which are easy to buy online.