600g best quality yellowfin tuna
250g Ortiz tinned tuna
50g Ortiz anchovies (red tin)
2 (60g) eggs
25ml white wine vinegar
200ml olive oil
10g freshly ground black pepper
10g sea salt
1 bunch curly parsley
1/2 litre canola oil
1. Trim the skin and blood line from the tuna. Lay out 4x sheets of cling film on top of each other Place the loin at one end and roll it as tightly as possible. Twist the ends and refrigerate.
2. Cook the eggs for 6 minutes with a hot water start. Refresh in cold water then peel.
3. Add the tuna and its oil to a food processor, then add the eggs, capers, vinegar and oil from the tin of anchovies and blend until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil to achieve a mayonnaise-like consistency, then add a good grind of black pepper. Adjust the consistency if required with a spoon or two of water.
4. Wash the parsley, drain very well and pick into small bunches.
5. Bring the canola oil to 170°C on the AEG 90cm Induction Cooktop.
6. Fry the parsley until it stops popping, then place on absorbent paper. Season with salt.
7. Slice the tuna into 6 slices and put onto plates. Spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with anchovy fillets and the fried parsley. Finish with a good grind of black pepper.
Note: For the recipe, we require 600g mid-cut yellowfin tuna loin (allowing for skin and blood line trim). If the tuna is large, cut the loin into a third lengthwise and proceed from there.
Wine match: Vermentino, Pinot Grigio, Fiano.