2lge Onions, finely diced
6cloves Garlic, crushed
2stalks Celery, finely diced
1lge Yellow (or orange) capsicum, finely diced
500g Calasparra/ Bomba/ Spanish rice (or arborio)
1kg Fish, chicken or vegetable stock, reduced salt
500g Water, standby, may not be required
125g Butter, cubed
2 pinches Saffron
¼ Preserved lemon, finely diced
500g Goolwa pipis
250g King George whiting fillets, rolled and skewered
250g Garfish fillets, rolled and skewered
1long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
2 Lemons, zest and reserve juice, extra wedges to serve
½ bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
25g South Australian Lobster Oil ‘Ferguson Australia’
1. Heat the oil in a medium to large paella pan or outdoor safe heavy-based fry pan to a medium heat.
2. Cook off the onion and garlic until translucent
3. Add celery and capsicum and gently sauté until softened.
4. Add rice and stir-fry for 2-3minutes until rice is thoroughly coated in oil and ingredients and starting to look translucent.
5. Add in preserved lemon, lemon zest and saffron and stirr.
6. Add stock stir to evenly distribute and bring to the boil. No more stirring should be necessary, reduce to a medium heat.
7. When the rice begins to swell and a rolling simmer is consistent or after 12-15minutes, place the butter cubes evenly all over the paella and allow it to sink in without stirring.
8. Then scatter pippis across the surface of the paella.
9. Allow further cooking for five minutes before slightly burying the pippis in the rice.
10. Scatter fish (or larger pieces of scallops so they can cook for longer) over the surface of the paella, cook for five minutes.
11. Scatter scallops and chilli all over the surface of the paella and drizzle lobster oil and lemon juice all over, cook for approximately another five minutes.
12. As soon as seafood is just cooked through, sprinkle parsley all over the surface, place lemon wedges and serve in the centre of your diners.
Dairy free – optional- use all EVOO instead of butter
Wine Match: Mitolo Vermentino 2018 & Handcrafted by Geoff Hardy Fiano 2017.
For more inspiration, check out My Market Kitchen's dedicated recipe page here: wselect.rs/MMK-Recipes