Adam D'Sylvas avocado, cucumber and mint salad
with lemon mustard dressing
Adam D'Sylva's recipe for avocado, cucumber and mint salad with lemon mustard dressing is perfect paired with any unoaked white wine or for a pop of colour, try a dry Rosé.
3 Lebanese cucumbers
3 tbsp pomegranate pods
1/2 bunch mint
2 lemons, juiced
100ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
Recipe by Adam D'Sylva
Photography by Kristoffer Paulsen
1. Peel and remove avocado pip, then cut avocado flesh into 3cm cubes
2. Peel and slice the cucumber, also into 3cm cubes. Place both ingredients in a mixing bowl, with half the mint picked off the stem and 2 tablespoons pomegranate. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, add Dijon mustard and lemon juice. While whisking, add in extra virgin olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste, with a pinch of salt and cracked pepper.
4. Pour dressing over cucumber and avocado and mix well.
5. Place in a serving dish, and sprinkle over the rest of the mint and pomegranate. Finish with black sesame seeds and serve.