Adam D'Sylva's recipe with fettuccini with prawn and zucchini pairs well with a fuller-flavoured white wine or try a light-bodied, silken red like our featured Pinot Noir.
250g Delverde fettuccini no. 81
Table salt, for pasta water
24 large prawn cutlets
2 zucchini, grated
4 birds eye chillies, finely sliced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf
100ml white wine
150ml olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Recipe by Adam D'Sylva
Photography by Kristoffer Paulsen
1. In a large pot of boiling water, add salt to taste like the sea. Add fettuccini and cook until 3/4 done. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water before straining pasta.
2. In a heavy-based pot, sauté chillies and garlic with olive oil until aromatic. Deglaze with white wine. Add zucchini and thyme.
3. Add 1 cup of pasta water. Cook zucchini until it becomes tender and breaks down. Add more pasta water, then prawns, pasta and parsley.
4. Constantly stir until the prawns are cooked and pasta is coated in sauce.
5. Check for seasoning – there should be enough salt from the pasta water – and add freshly cracked pepper before serving.