2 pork fillets, silver-trimmed
600g sweet potato
¼ cup (60ml) macadamia oil or extra virgin
1 tbsp butter
480g zucchini, very thinly sliced lengthways
Dijonnaise, to serve (optional)
¾ cup (105g) raw macadamia nuts
1 tbsp fennel seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp salt flakes
1 tsp hot smoked paprika
Recipe by Lyndey Milan
Photography by John Paul Urizar
Styling by Michaela Le Compte
Food Prep by Sarah-Jane Hallett
Tiles supplied by Surface Gallery
1. Heat oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan forced). Cut sweet potato into angled pieces approx. 30g each. Remove pork fillet from fridge to come to room temperature.
2. For the macadamia crust: Roast macadamias on a baking tray for 8 minutes or until just golden. Cool, then chop in a food processor. On a separate tray roast the sesame seeds, coriander, cumin and fennel seeds for 5 minutes or until golden. Cool, then using a powerful processor, grinder or pestle and mortar, grind to a medium powder with the salt and hot smoked paprika. Combine with chopped nuts. Place one third on a flat plate or tray ready for the pork.
3. Increase oven temperature to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced) and put the sweet potato in on one of the trays which toasted the macadamia nuts or spices. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon (20ml) oil and bake until tender, approx. 30 minutes.
4. Roll the pork fillet in the crust mix and press on firmly with your hands. Heat remaining oil in a large or long frying pan. When hot, brown the pork fillet until golden on all sides, approx. 6 minutes. Place in the oven in the pan (if oven-proof) or baking tray and bake for no more than 10–12 minutes, or until still slightly pink. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat butter in a medium- large frying pan. Add the zucchini and toss until just cooked. Combine with remaining crust mix.
6. Slice pork fillet on an angle. Divide between four warm plates. Drizzle over any pan juices. Serve with sweet potato, zucchini and Dijonnaise, if desired.