Lyndey Milan's recipe for macadamia granola is a delicious way to enjoy seasonal macadamias at breakfast!
2 tbsp (40ml) macadamia oil
½ cup (70g) raw macadamia nuts, halved or roughly chopped
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Good pinch each ground nutmeg, ginger, cloves, cardamom
1 1/3 cups (120g) rolled oats (not quickcooking oats)
40g dried cranberries or dried blueberries, roughly chopped
½ cup coconut flakes
2 tbsp roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds or pepitas
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp real maple syrup or honey, or more to taste
1/3 tsp natural vanilla extract
Fruit in season
Thick Greek-style yoghurt
Recipe by Lyndey Milan
Photography by John Paul Urizar
Styling by Michaela Le Compte
Food Prep by Sarah-Jane Hallett
Tiles supplied by Surface Gallery
1. Pre-heat oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan-forced).
2. Toss the macadamias and oil with the spices in a baking tray and place in the oven for approx. 5–10 minutes until the nuts are golden, shaking halfway. Remove and cool.
3. Combine rolled oats, dried fruit, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and mix well. Place in another baking tray, lined with baking paper. Bake 20–25 minutes until lightly golden, stirring a couple of times.
4. Mix macadamias and oat mixture well and store in an airtight container.
5. Serve with seasonal fruit and Greek yoghurt, if desired.
Real maple syrup is a much superior product to maple-flavoured syrup.