15 minutes + 60 minutes soaking time
10 minutes + 60 minutes resting
2 as an entree
Mark LaBrooy's crispy duck fat potatoes and almond cream recipe is the perfect side dish.
100g stale sourdough bread
100g toasted almonds
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, grated
Sprig of thyme
Pinch of rosemary salt
50ml olive oil
1 tbsp dukkah
Flake salt, to taste
400g chat potatoes (or Dutch cream)
100ml goose fat (or beef tallow)
Recipe by Mark LaBrooy
Photography by Damian Bennett
1. Soak your sourdough bread in milk for 1 hour.
2. Add all your ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
3. Boil your potatoes until soft, then chill until cold.
4. Heat a heavy-based frying pan on high. Add fat, and fry off potatoes with thyme and rosemary salt until crispy.
5. Lay crispy potatoes down on a base of almond cream, season with dukkah and a splash of olive oil, ready to serve.