with Pepperberry, Burnt Butter and Curry Leaf
Melbourne chef Thi Le, co-owner of Anchovy restaurant, shares her vietnamese style lobster recipe. Classic Rhone varieties like Marsanne, Rousanne and Viognier, or blends of the three, have the weight and complexity to complement this fragrant, powerful dish.
2 tablespoons shallot, brunoise
2 tablespoons garlic, brunoise
2 tablespoons ginger, brunoise
2 tablespoons pepperberry, ground
2 tablespoons black pepper
10g curry leaf
Recipe by Thi Le
Photography by Kristoffer Paulsen
1. Lightly dust lobster in corn starch and rice flour.
2. Fry in a wok over medium heat, till just cooked, roughly 4–5 minutes, remove and drain oil.
3. In a hot wok, add 3 tablespoons oil, shallot, garlic and ginger, fry till fragrant.
4. Add butter, pepperberry, pepper, curry leaf, bring to burnt butter stage, make sure you do not burn the curry leaf (it should be crispy).
5. Season with fish sauce to taste.
6. To serve, plate lobster and pour over pepper sauce, garnish with lime.
Marsanne, Roussanne, Viognier