Scallops with Beurre Noisette
4 (as an entrée or a shared plate)
Mustard Fruits and Parsley
On this episode of My Market Kitchen we take you to the Margaret River to discover all this region has to offer!
Chef Tobie Puttock cooks up some amazing Scallops with Beurre Noisette, adding Mustard Fruits and Parsley to garnish! Wine Selectors Adam Walls suggests pairing this recipe with two styles of white wines that Margaret River is famous for - the Howard Park Miamup Chardonnay 2018 or the Juniper Aquitaine Blanc 2018.
You can tune in at 3:30PM weekdays on Channel 10 - start cooking!
Approx 250g scallops with the shell, cleaned.
Sea salt and cracked pepper
Tablespoon olive oil
Sprig of thyme
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp mustard fruits, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1/2 lemon for serving
1. Pop a heavy based pan over a high heat.
2. Pat the scallops dry using kitchen paper and then season generously with sea salt.
3. Once the pan is hot add the oil and carefully place the dry scallops into the pan making sure they have room and the pan is not overloaded. The scallops should start sizzling right away.
4. Cook the scallops for a minute or two depending on size but don’t move them until they are ready to flip.
5. Once golden on the first side flip using a spatula. Add the butter, thyme and mustard fruit to the pan and cook for another minute.
6. Remove the scallops to the shell to serve or a serving plate. Remove the pan from the heat and a little of the chopped parsley and finally a squeeze of lemon juice. Shake the pan too combine the ingredients and then spoon a little of the nutty mustard fruit butter over the scallops and serve right away.