This exquisitely delicate dish would pair nicely with a young zesty Riesling. The Elredge Riesling 2016 is the perfect foil rich and juicy with a solid core of apple and citrus balanced by zesty acidity.
- 1 x 500g sashimi grade salmon fillet
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sashimi soy sauce
- 2 ½ tsp mirin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp grated garlic
- 1/8 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Micro red chard to garnish
- Wrap salmon in plastic wrap and place in freezer for a few hours or until just frozen. Place green onions in ice water.
- Whisk together soy sauce, mirin, olive oil, garlic, ginger and chives in a bowl.
- Slice salmon into paper thin slices. Arrange on serving plate. Drizzle with dressing.
- Place shallots and red chard in centre of salmon. Serve.
Note: You can ask your fishmonger to finely slice the sashimi salmon.