1 tbsp peeled garlic
1–2 tbsp perfumed oil/prawn oil/lard/sesame oil
300g torn cabbage leaves, off cuts
and scraps – slightly wilted is best
2 tbsp dried prawns
3 tbsp fish sauce
Pinch white sugar
Nice pinch ground white pepper
½ ladle blanching water
1. Make a coarse paste by smashing the garlic and salt with the side of a cleaver.
2. Heat a tempered wok.
3. Add the oil and then the cabbage.
4. Briskly stir-fry and allow to scorch around the edges.
5. Add the garlic paste and dried prawns,
fry for a moment, colouring, perhaps
adding more oil.
6. Season it with the fish sauce, sugar
7. Add the blanching water.
8. Boil and simmer until fragrant.
9. If the leaves are not completely cooked, soft and succulent, moisten with water, but simmer until somewhat dry.